TAMPCOL Company Profile
Tamil Nadu Medicinal Plant Farms and Herbal Medicine Corporation Limited
· Tamil Nadu Medicinal Plant Farms and Herbal Medicine Corporation Limited (TAMPCOL) was started on 27th September 1983 with the main objective of manufacturing and supplying Siddha, Ayurveda and Unani medicines.
· The Registered office functions at Anna Hospital Campus, Arumbakkam, Chennai and its factory, functioning at SIDCO Pharmaceutical Campus, Alathur near Thiruporur, Chengalpattu District, is involved in manufacturing of 173 medicines- 84 are Siddha medicines [58 Shastric and 26 Proprietary], 43 are Ayurveda medicines [40 Shastric and 3 Proprietary], 21 are Unani medicines [13 Shastric and 8 Proprietary], 11 Veterinary medicines [9 Shastric and 2 Proprietary]& 14 Naturopathy medicines.
· Around 90 Staff and 200 outsource workers are working in the Corporation. These medicines are supplied to all Institutions functioning under the Commissionerate of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, besides other Government Institutions, local bodies, Central government institute like National Institute of Siddha, CGHS Schemes, and Tampcol’s own sales outlets at Chennai, Palayamkottai & Nagercoil.
· Tampcol as a Nodal Agency, procures and supplies medicines, machinery and equipments, etc to the same institutions.
· The Authorized and Paid up Share Capital of the Corporation is Rs.300.00 lakh. The Corporation supplied 11 medicines under Amma Magapperu Sanjeevi Kit for pregnant women & now supplying Sowbhagya Sunti Lehiyam under Amma Baby Care Kit. Also, the corporation is supplying 11 Nos of Veterinary medicines to Tamil Nadu Livestock Development agency.
· During COVID-19, the corporation has manufactured and supplied around 2.88 lakh Kg of Kabasura Kudineer and 58,777 Kg of Nilavembu Kudineer to combat COVID-19 in the state.
· The corporation has manufactured and supplied Arogyam kit consists of Nellikai lehiyam and Amukkara chooranam tablet to all Covid care centres.
· Also, the corporation has manufactured and supplied Natural Immune boosting powder and Aadathodai Manappagu to enhance the immunity of the people during COVID-19 emergency in our state.
· A free Medical Consultancy Clinic is functioning at Corporate Office from Monday to Saturday between 9 a.m. and 12 noon in the morning and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the evening with doctors from all streams of Indian System of Medicines.